Solstice PF offers excellent cleaning power, exhibiting effective solvency in most applications:
- Cleaning performance equivalent to or better than HCFC-225 and HCFC 141b
- Superior wetting for cleaning tight spaces
- Compatible with a large number of commonly-used polymers and elastomers, such as PET, PTFE, polycarbonate, DuPont™ Viton® and DuPont™ Neoprene
- Compatible with common metals, including aluminum, copper, titanium, and magnesium/aluminum alloys
- Recovered or recycled by simple flash distillation or through carbon absorption with steam desorption
- No stabilizers needed
With a high heat of vaporization, Solstice PF remains a liquid for an extended period of time, even at room temperature. The vapor pressure of Solstice PF facilitates rapid drying of cleaned parts, and it has excellent wetting properties on soiled parts. This allows it to swiftly clean pieces and parts with small, intricate channels.
Solstice PF is a very effective cleaning solution for a wide variety of soils, including:
To demonstrate Solstice PF’s high degree of solvency, mineral oil can be dissolved in Solstice PF at a level of at least 50% by weight. At this level it remains completely dissolved, even at temperatures as low as -30°C.